The day we’ve been dreading for so long is finally here:
– The Globies have already remade Ted K into a saint. Expect the next thundering editorial to be aimed at the Pope for his slow pace in deifying the late senator.
– Don’t believe for a moment that Democrats have time for genuine mourning, the internal war over his successor is already underway. Calls to rewrite the 2004 law in order to provide their party with the advantage of incumbency will grow louder, especially from The Globies.
In fact, Beacon Hill ruling party sleazebags are already plotting and scheming as we speak.
One upshot: the political infighting and backstabbing will be fun to watch.
Another: if the rules are changed, the appointment process could easily destroy Deval Patrick for good, just ask David Paterson.
– Network news coverage could prove even more over-the-top than what is seen locally.
– As nonbelievers are singled out for scorn after making “insensitive” statements about Ted K, watch for the “gotcha” game to begin.
– Even token conservative Michael Graham’s WTKK-FM slot has been overtaken by flaky quasi-liberal talk today. A touchy-feely weekend advice talker is filling-in and providing syrupy, sugar-coated love letters to Ted K. No wonder the ratings are in the toilet.
Here’s a letter from a SaveWRKO reader:
WTF? Today of all days, you would think WTKK would want a news / political person — Dan Flynn maybe?
Even if there were not major breaking news, does it make sense to have a self-help guru covering a political talk show? Does Dr. Laura ever fill in for Rush? Maybe Dr. Dean Edell can fill in for Jay next time he’s on vacation. It’s been almost a week since he hasn’t had one.
It takes a lot to get me to listen to WRKO when Howie isn’t on, but the suits at ‘TKK are making it easier and easier.
— Perhaps trying to one-up WTKK’s leftward shift, WRKO actually dumped Rush Limbaugh and Laura Ingraham today, replacing them with convicted felon Tom Finneran, the corrupt former Democratic House Speaker.
Ted K’s passing provides the elitist, establishment media a chance to flex its muscles, perhaps for the last time. Don’t think for a moment The Globies aren’t prepared to take full advantage of this opportunity to sustain and promote political corruption in Massachusetts.